Dandruff worries getting you down? Whether dandruff is an old acquaintance or a new discovery, it only takes a couple of quick additions to your hair care routine to help rid your scalp and mind of dandruff.
Nobody has time for dandruff, and few of us have time to take on excessive hair care routines. The good news is, you don’t have to! This anti-dandruff routine will make sure you have all bases covered when it comes to scalp care.
3 Step hair care routine
Our perfect scalp care routine falls into. 3 easy steps:
Step 1. Shampoo with a clinically proven product
Start your routine by washing properly with Head & Shoulders Green Apple shampoo. A fruity indulgence that will turn your shower into a sensorial experience.
Head & Shoulders doesn’t just work for cleansing and clearing dandruff, it also protects your scalp skin by keeping it moisturized in between washes to prevent irritation.
- Apply the shampoo evenly. Make sure to spread shampoo across the scalp, especially harder to reach areas like behind the ears.
- Work into a lather for about 1 minute. Use your fingertips (not your nails) to massage at the scalp (we’ll walk you through this in the next step).
- Rinse with warm water. This helps to remove more dirt and oil.
- Repeat this process. A 2nd lather helps to ensure that no areas get missed.
Step 2. Massage your scalp to encourage stress-relieving blood flow and spread your shampoo easily
While you’re washing, seize the opportunity to give yourself a relaxing scalp massage. Not only does it stimulate your skin and encourage blood flow, it’ll help the dandruff-busting lather to spread evenly across your scalp.
- Start at the top. Using gently circular motions with your fingers, massage your scalp from your temples back to your crown and then further down the back of your head.
- Focus on the area where your head meets the back of your neck. A lot of people carry muscle tension here. Gently rub with your thumbs, following the shape of the bone.
- Reverse the direction. Massage in circular motions back to your temples.
- Repeat circular motions. Take your hands to your temples again and repeat the circular motions along both sides of your scalp.
- Comb through your hair. Comb from front to back with your fingers, applying firm pressure with your fingertips to finish.
Step 3. Follow with a conditioner to moisturize your scalp and hair.
Lots of people either don’t use conditioner at all, or think you only need it at the very tips of your hair. Actually, the entire length of your hair can benefit from the moisturization your conditioner provides.
- Start at the root. Spread Head & Shoulders Green Apple Conditioner from root to tip to give your scalp skin a moisture boost.
- Leave it for a couple of minutes. This gives more time for the powerhouse ingredients to work - preventing irritation and supporting a healthy scalp.
- Rinse out well. Make sure there’s no left-over residue that could cause hair to appear oily or flat.
And there you have it - your ultimate anti-dandruff hair care routine that will leave you feeling pampered and your hair looking and feeling healthy.