Curly and coiled hair can become damaged if it lacks proper moisture. Here are several natural remedies to keep your hair looking great.
Curly and coiled hair is prone to damage, dryness, irritation and itch.
The process of styling your hair and maintaining the style for multiple days can stress out your hair and scalp - it’s difficult to give your them the moisture they need in-between washes.
Build-up of products sweat or dirt on the scalp can also irritate the skin and make it itchy and flaky.
People recommend many different natural remedies for curly and coiled hair that involve using oils to provide the scalp and hair with moisture and relief from itch.
Popular home remedies
- tea tree oil— said to prevent split ends and improve hair growth
- coconut oil/milk – said to hydrate the scalp and hair
- olive oil – said to reduce redness, irritation and to strengthen roots
- jojoba oil – said to prevent hair breakage and is light on high density coiled hair
- avocado – said to moisturize and deep condition dry hair
- bananas – ssaid to prevent damage and soften the hair
- papaya – said to keep the hair’s natural shine and softness
Oils can also be used in hot oil massages on hair and braids.
Find out more about home remedies from Naturally Curly.
Some of these may work for you, while some may not. Everyone’s hair and scalp are different.
If your scalp or hair issues come back following these treatments, it could be that they’re not effectively treating the root cause of your problems.
Healthy scalp means healthy curls
When it comes to preventing dryness, itchiness and irritation for all types of curly and coiled hair, our Moisture Care Shampoo 2-in-1 works in two ways.
1. Tackles the root cause – the shampoo contains Zinc Pyrithione (ZPT) – regular use is clinically proven to prevent dryness, irritation and itchiness from coming back
2. Conditions the scalp and hair – nourishing formula with moisturizing almond oil coconut essence leaves your curls defined and soft to the touch with
Our Moisture Care range gives you a healthy scalp, leaving you with nourished, healthy curls.
Tips to keep your hair and scalp healthy
- use heat protection styling products
- reduce the use of heat stylers like hair dryers and straightening irons
- use a co-wash when you don’t use your shampoo to hydrate the scalp
- remove build-up with regular shampooing